CANADA/UK: CoolBrands to enter UK market
Markham, Ontario-based CoolBrands International announced yesterday [Thursday] that it has entered into an agreement with Brand Innovations LTD, of Brockenhurst, England, to launch a line of Tropicana® branded frozen fruit juice bar novelties in the UK.
The agreement allows Brand Innovations to distribute Tropicana® branded frozen novelties throughout the UK under sublicense from CoolBrands beginning with the 2002 selling season. The products will be manufactured in Europe using Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice as the main ingredient.
The launch of Tropicana® frozen novelties in the UK follows the launch of Tropicana® frozen novelty product line in France and Belgium in 2001.
"Tropicana Pure Premium® is the third largest branded food product in the US and the fourth largest in Canada, and is fast achieving similar dominance in Europe and throughout the world," said CoolBrands' president and Co-CEO David J. Stein. "CoolBrands is delighted to share in this growth by developing the Tropicana® brand in the frozen dessert category in important markets around the world."
As the exclusive marketer of Tropicana® frozen desserts under a long-term license from Bradenton, Florida-based Tropicana Products, CoolBrands began marketing Tropicana® frozen novelties in the US and Canada in 1997 and 1999, respectively. The company also markets Eskimo Pie® branded frozen novelties and frozen dessert products.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review