SWITZERLAND: Coop sees organic products accounting for 20% of sales by 2010
Swiss retailer Coop has said it expects sales of organic products, which are labelled Bio in Switzerland, to account for some 20% of its total sales by 2010. Sales of the company's own organic food brands Naturaplan, Naturaline, Oecopland and Cooperacion/Max Havelaar have increased 15% year-on-year to CHF1.2bn (US$0.9bn) in 2002. Basel-based Coop has forecast a 20% rise in sales of such products this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning