SWITZERLAND: Coop sees organic products accounting for 20% of sales by 2010
Swiss retailer Coop has said it expects sales of organic products, which are labelled Bio in Switzerland, to account for some 20% of its total sales by 2010. Sales of the company's own organic food brands Naturaplan, Naturaline, Oecopland and Cooperacion/Max Havelaar have increased 15% year-on-year to CHF1.2bn (US$0.9bn) in 2002. Basel-based Coop has forecast a 20% rise in sales of such products this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant