SWITZERLAND: Coop sees organic products accounting for 20% of sales by 2010
Swiss retailer Coop has said it expects sales of organic products, which are labelled Bio in Switzerland, to account for some 20% of its total sales by 2010. Sales of the company's own organic food brands Naturaplan, Naturaline, Oecopland and Cooperacion/Max Havelaar have increased 15% year-on-year to CHF1.2bn (US$0.9bn) in 2002. Basel-based Coop has forecast a 20% rise in sales of such products this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti