BELGIUM/FRANCE: Cora joins World WorldWide Retail Exchange
The WWRE yesterday gained three more members, among them Cora, the Franco-Belgian retailer. Cora had earlier signalled its intention to join WWRE, which counts Ahold, Walgreens and Tesco among its ranks, but was slow to complete the deal. German drugstore chain Schlecker and RadioShack of the US also joined WWRE, which is currently vying with GlobalNetXChange for domination of the Internet exchange marketplace.The latter group launched slightly before WWRE, and counts Carrefour, Sears and Sainsbury among its members. The main difference between the two groupings is that GlobalNetXChange insists on members pledging a certain quota of their annual purchasing activities to the exchange. WWRE, in contrast, has no such restriction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant