BELGIUM/FRANCE: Cora joins World WorldWide Retail Exchange
The WWRE yesterday gained three more members, among them Cora, the Franco-Belgian retailer. Cora had earlier signalled its intention to join WWRE, which counts Ahold, Walgreens and Tesco among its ranks, but was slow to complete the deal. German drugstore chain Schlecker and RadioShack of the US also joined WWRE, which is currently vying with GlobalNetXChange for domination of the Internet exchange marketplace.The latter group launched slightly before WWRE, and counts Carrefour, Sears and Sainsbury among its members. The main difference between the two groupings is that GlobalNetXChange insists on members pledging a certain quota of their annual purchasing activities to the exchange. WWRE, in contrast, has no such restriction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO