BELGIUM/FRANCE: Cora joins World WorldWide Retail Exchange
The WWRE yesterday gained three more members, among them Cora, the Franco-Belgian retailer. Cora had earlier signalled its intention to join WWRE, which counts Ahold, Walgreens and Tesco among its ranks, but was slow to complete the deal. German drugstore chain Schlecker and RadioShack of the US also joined WWRE, which is currently vying with GlobalNetXChange for domination of the Internet exchange marketplace.The latter group launched slightly before WWRE, and counts Carrefour, Sears and Sainsbury among its members. The main difference between the two groupings is that GlobalNetXChange insists on members pledging a certain quota of their annual purchasing activities to the exchange. WWRE, in contrast, has no such restriction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1