BELGIUM/FRANCE: Cora joins World WorldWide Retail Exchange
The WWRE yesterday gained three more members, among them Cora, the Franco-Belgian retailer. Cora had earlier signalled its intention to join WWRE, which counts Ahold, Walgreens and Tesco among its ranks, but was slow to complete the deal. German drugstore chain Schlecker and RadioShack of the US also joined WWRE, which is currently vying with GlobalNetXChange for domination of the Internet exchange marketplace.The latter group launched slightly before WWRE, and counts Carrefour, Sears and Sainsbury among its members. The main difference between the two groupings is that GlobalNetXChange insists on members pledging a certain quota of their annual purchasing activities to the exchange. WWRE, in contrast, has no such restriction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review