UAE: Corner shops bank on convenience to beat off supermarkets
Dubai grocers remain confident of their long-term survival despite growing competition from supermarkets, hypermarkets and the increasingly prevalent shopping malls. They are banking on the convenience they offer to maintain their position.
According to a report from Gulf News, most small grocery stores report very little downturn in sales as supermarkets emerge. Most grocers point out it is the convenience they offer customers that has enabled them to carve out their market niche - and will enable them to retain in.
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China