AUSTRALIA: Cost of milk set to rise as suppliers demand higher farm gate prices
The cost of milk is set to rise by up to 15 cents (US$0.08) a litre next month, according to industry sources, heralding an end to months of heavy discounts for consumers. The Herald Sun newspaper revealed that the price increases are down to the higher payments being demanded by dairy companies, who have been losing money since industry deregulation last summer. Wholesale costs have been rising and
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin