USA: Costco Wholesale Corporation reports May sales results
For the first thirty-nine weeks of its 2001 fiscal year ended June 3, 2001, the Company reported net sales of $25.21 billion, an increase of 10 percent from $22.97 billion during the comparable period of the prior fiscal year. Comparable warehouse sales for the year-to-date period increased 4 percent over the prior year's level.
Costco currently operates 362 warehouses, including 261 in the United States, 60 in Canada, 11 in the United Kingdom, five in Korea, three in Taiwan, two in Japan and 20 in Mexico. The Company also operates Costco Online, an electronic commerce web site, at www.costco.com. The Company plans to open three additional new warehouses prior to the end of its 2001 fiscal year on September 2, 2001, and an additional 26 to 28 new warehouses (including four to five relocations of existing warehouses to larger and better-located facilities) prior to the end of calendar year 2001.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre