PUERTO RICO: Costco's Puerto Rican expansion threatens Sam's Club
Costco Wholesalers, Inc. came one step closer to starting operations in Puerto Rico with the purchase of land for its new store in the Bayamon area. The store will be located directly in front of a large food store operated by the Supermercados Amigos chain. It appears that Costco may also be interested in acquiring two pieces of real estate that were recently purchased by Home depot in Caguas and Bayamon. If those two purchases go through, the first Costco store could open in 2001, because all necessary permits have already been secured. Costco stores, which have been operating in Latin America (Mexico) for over five years, focus on volume food sales in addition to offering a wide range of household items. In the Puerto Rican market, Costco is a direct competitor of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report