CANADA: Couche-Tard announces rise in Q3 sales, profits
Canadian convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard has announced a rise in turnover to CA$2.923bn (US$2.42bn) in the third quarter ended 30 January 2005, compared with CA$1.765bn in the same period last year.
Net earnings rose to CA$46.3m from CA$8.7m in the year earlier period.
"We are very pleased with our third-quarter results, especially the improvement in merchandise and service gross margins in Canada reflecting continued improvements in purchasing arrangements and the benefits of our differentiation concept, as well as the increase in merchandise and service gross margin in our US operations resulting from our price optimization efforts and changes in our product mix to focus on higher margin categories," said Alain Bouchard, chairman of the board, president and CEO.
Canadian convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard has reported higher earnings and said it is continuing its US expansion....
Canadian convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard has announced that its subsidiary, Mac's Convenience Stores, has signed an agreement with Ports Petroleum to purchase seven stores located ...
Canadian convenience store company Alimentation Couche-Tard has announced that it has, through its subsidiary Circle K Stores, signed an agreement with Conway Oil Company and Conway Real Estate Compan...
Canadian convenience store operator Couche-Tard has said net earnings increased by 12.5% to US$54.1m, or $0.26 per share, for the first quarter to 17 July, compared with $48.1m, or $0.23 per share, in...
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods