CANADA/USA: Couche-Tard buys 43 US convenience stores
Canadian grocery retailer Alimentation Couche-Tard has said it will expand its presence in the US Midwest with the acquisition of 43 convenience stores from Clark Retail Enterprises, which filed for bankruptcy protection last autumn. Montreal-based Couche-Tard, which operates stores under the Couche-Tard, Mac's and Dairy Mart banners, said it expect to complete the US$24.5m deal in August after receiving court approval, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix