CANADA/USA: Couche-Tard buys 43 US convenience stores
Canadian grocery retailer Alimentation Couche-Tard has said it will expand its presence in the US Midwest with the acquisition of 43 convenience stores from Clark Retail Enterprises, which filed for bankruptcy protection last autumn. Montreal-based Couche-Tard, which operates stores under the Couche-Tard, Mac's and Dairy Mart banners, said it expect to complete the US$24.5m deal in August after receiving court approval, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail