CANADA: Couche-Tard gears up for major push into Toronto
Convenience store major Alimentation Couche-Tard is planning to open 100s of Mac's outlets in metropolitan Toronto over the next few years.
Couche-Tard's vice-president, operations for Ontario, Stephane Gonthier, said that the company expects to open 20-25 outlets per year for the next five years, reported the National Post.
Couche-Tard operates 240 stores from Burlington to Oshawa, compared with 340 in its home base of metropolitan Montreal, an area with just over half the GTA's population. "There's no reason we shouldn't get the same per capita" store count, Mr. Gonthier said, which would imply more than doubling the number of stores in and around Toronto.
The company is the fourth-largest convenience store operator in the US and Canada's third-largest retailer with more than 4,600 outlets under the Bigfoot, Couche-Tard, Dairy Mart, Mac's, and various other banners. Couche-Tard is also Canada's largest convenience store chain. The company recently acquired the Circle K chain in the US.
Canadian convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard has reported higher earnings and said it is continuing its US expansion....
Canadian convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard has announced that its subsidiary, Mac's Convenience Stores, has signed an agreement with Ports Petroleum to purchase seven stores located ...
Canadian convenience store company Alimentation Couche-Tard has announced that it has, through its subsidiary Circle K Stores, signed an agreement with Conway Oil Company and Conway Real Estate Compan...
Canadian convenience store operator Couche-Tard has said net earnings increased by 12.5% to US$54.1m, or $0.26 per share, for the first quarter to 17 July, compared with $48.1m, or $0.23 per share, in...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review