UK: Council says Cadbury action sufficient to avoid future health scares
A spokesperson for the Herefordshire Council, the local authority investigating the contamination of Cadbury products with salmonella, has said that the action taken by the company should prevent future health scares.
"We are confident that the company has taken appropriate measures to prevent any future possibility of contamination, following the advice of our environmental officials, the Health Protection Agency and the Food Standards Agency," a spokesperson for the council told just-food.
The investigation into the contamination of Cadbury products with salmonella is not likely to be completed for several months, the council concluded.
The seventh Food Standards Agency (FSA) English Regions Consumer Attitudes to Food Survey, published yesterday (22 February), has revealed that healthy eating is a key concern for consumers, with many...
UK confectioner Cadbury Schweppes posted a 12% drop in pre-tax profits for the full year today (20 February) after second half profit plummeted following the salmonella scandal which caused summer sal...
Goji berries could be banned from the UK, the Food Standards Agency told just-food today (20 February) because the so-called superfruit may not be classified as safe according to European regulations....
According to two reports unveiled today (16 February) by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Food Standards Agency (FSA), the most likely cause of the bird flu outbr...
Cadbury Schweppes has announced the appointment to its board of Ellen Marram as a non-executive director. She will join the board on 1 June....
The UK's National Heart Forum (NHF) has slated Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) schemes used instead of the Food Standards Agency's traffic light labelling system as fundamentally flawed....
The UK's Food Standards Agency said this morning (15 February) that it has gathered sufficient evidence to conclude that Bernard Matthews did not hold poultry imported from bird flu restriction zones ...
UK confectioner Cadbury Schweppes has responded to reports it could be facing prosecution following last year's salmonella-linked recall of over 1m chocolate products. The local authority overseeing t...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review