VIETNAM: Country set to become world’s leading pepper producer in 2003
Vietnam could become the world's largest producer of black pepper in 2003 if current estimations are correct. The country is expected to produce 66,000 tonnes of the spice next year, a 10% increase from 2002 that will see Vietnam overtake India in the world pepper production rankings. India's pepper production is expected to fall from 80,000 tonnes this year to just 62,000 tonnes next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant