VIETNAM: Country set to become world’s leading pepper producer in 2003
Vietnam could become the world's largest producer of black pepper in 2003 if current estimations are correct. The country is expected to produce 66,000 tonnes of the spice next year, a 10% increase from 2002 that will see Vietnam overtake India in the world pepper production rankings. India's pepper production is expected to fall from 80,000 tonnes this year to just 62,000 tonnes next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods