BAHRAIN: Country’s oldest dairy faces closure due to 'unfair' foreign competition
Bahrain Danish Dairies (BDD) has revealed that it will have to close down unless it receives aid from the country's government. BDD is Bahrain's oldest and largest dairy, established in 1964 and currently employing 260 people. Since 1995 however, the company has consistently posted losses and can no longer afford to run in such difficult trading conditions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry