ISRAEL: Court approves sale of Burger King Israel
The Tel Aviv District Court approved last week the sale of Burger King Israel's franchise to Orgad Holdings for NIS30m (US$6.5m), following the decision of the Antitrust Commission to disqualify the bid from rival Burger Ranch. Orgad chairman Avi Orgad was quoted in Haaretz as saying that the acquisition of Burger King Israel's operations "is a long term, strategic purchase with no intentions to bring in any partners into the enterprise. We plan to turn the Burger King chain into the leader in the fastfood business in Israel."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti