ISRAEL: Court approves sale of Burger King Israel
The Tel Aviv District Court approved last week the sale of Burger King Israel's franchise to Orgad Holdings for NIS30m (US$6.5m), following the decision of the Antitrust Commission to disqualify the bid from rival Burger Ranch. Orgad chairman Avi Orgad was quoted in Haaretz as saying that the acquisition of Burger King Israel's operations "is a long term, strategic purchase with no intentions to bring in any partners into the enterprise. We plan to turn the Burger King chain into the leader in the fastfood business in Israel."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO