ISRAEL: Court approves sale of Burger King Israel
The Tel Aviv District Court approved last week the sale of Burger King Israel's franchise to Orgad Holdings for NIS30m (US$6.5m), following the decision of the Antitrust Commission to disqualify the bid from rival Burger Ranch. Orgad chairman Avi Orgad was quoted in Haaretz as saying that the acquisition of Burger King Israel's operations "is a long term, strategic purchase with no intentions to bring in any partners into the enterprise. We plan to turn the Burger King chain into the leader in the fastfood business in Israel."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week