ISRAEL: Court approves sale of Burger King Israel
The Tel Aviv District Court approved last week the sale of Burger King Israel's franchise to Orgad Holdings for NIS30m (US$6.5m), following the decision of the Antitrust Commission to disqualify the bid from rival Burger Ranch. Orgad chairman Avi Orgad was quoted in Haaretz as saying that the acquisition of Burger King Israel's operations "is a long term, strategic purchase with no intentions to bring in any partners into the enterprise. We plan to turn the Burger King chain into the leader in the fastfood business in Israel."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin