USA: Court Approves Settlement Between International Dairy Queen and Franchisees
The court in the dispute between International Dairy Queen, Inc. (IDQ) and its franchisees today gave final approval to a settlement announced on March 10, 2000. Judge Wilbur Owens of the United State District Court for the Middle District of Georgia-Macon Division found that the class-action lawsuit's settlement terms are fair, reasonable and adequate.The court's decision effectively ends litigation that was started by a group of franchisees in April of 1994. IDQ denied any wrongdoing or liability related to this lawsuit. The parties concluded that further conduct of the litigation would be expensive and protracted and preclude the Dairy Queen system from moving forward in a positive and united effort.The settlement calls for a commitment from International Dairy Queen to contribute an average of nearly $5 million annually during the next six years to the franchise system's national advertising fund. In another major term of the settlement, IDQ committed more than $6 million to the Dairy Queen Operators' Cooperative to provide for the continued availability of alternative sources of food products and supplies for the Dairy Queen system's stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review