USA: Court approves Vlasic Foods bidding procedures; competitive bids due March 27th
Vlasic Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: VLFIQ) today announced that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Del., approved bidding procedures regarding the sale of its namesake "Vlasic" pickles and condiments and "Open Pit" barbecue sauce businesses. The Company announced January 29th that it agreed to sell the businesses to H.J. Heinz Company for $195 million, subject to closing adjustments and subject to higher and better offers via the Court supervised competitive sale process. That same day, Vlasic Foods and its domestic subsidiaries also announced that it voluntarily filed petitions under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in order to implement the terms of the Heinz sale pursuant to section 363.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins