USA: Court awards Eateries US$6.55m in damages in food contamination case
Restaurant group Eateries was awarded US$6.55m in damages on Tuesday, after the US District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma found food supplier J. R. Simplot guilty of supplying five of the group#;s Garcia's Mexican Restaurants with contaminated “chile relleno” (deep-fried peppers stuffed with egg and cheese).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses