SWITZERLAND: Court convicts Nestle of "spying" on protest group
Nestle guilty of spying
A Swiss court has found Nestle guilty of "spying" on anti-capitalist protest organisation, Attac.
In a judgement this week, a court found Nestle and security firm Securitas illegally infiltrated Attac, planting an informant in the group.
Between 2003 and 2008, an unnamed woman "gathered confidential information and prepared detailed reports on the authors as well as on third parties for Nestle", Attac said in a statement following the ruling.
At the time surveillance commenced, the organisation was writing a book on Nestle: Attac contre l'empire Nestle.
A spokesperson for Nestle expressed "disappointment" at the judge's ruling on Attac's civil complaint.
"We would like to reiterate that incitement to infiltration is against Nestle's corporate business principles," the spokesperson told just-food. "We are unable to make any specific comments before the judge's reasoning is released. If it turns out that a Nestle employee has acted negligently, we will take appropriate action."
Nestle and Securitas have been ordered to pay financial compensation totalling CHF27,000 (US$29,145).
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Success in emerging markets is dependent on the ability to think locally. However, while domestic players do have the home field advantage, multinational corporations benefit from stringent internal s...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- China Resources Enterprise, Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019