JAPAN: Court hearing bought by Snow Brand food-poisoning victim
A mediation hearing is due to begin in the Osaka Summary Court this month over the charges bought to Snow Brand Milk Products by a victim of the mass food poisoning that occurred during late June.The thirty-year-old woman is the first reported victim to bring a legal case to the troubled dairy produce company, and she is demanding compensation and the payment of medical costs totalling ¥400,000. So far, the company has offered an out-of-court settlement for compensation valued at only ¥100,000 and they also agreed to pay her medical costs.It was revealed yesterday (5 October) that the woman is alleged to have suffered from acute enteritis after having drunk contaminated milk that had been produced by the company. The milk contained the toxin Enterotoxin A, which can be produced by the staphylococcus aureus bacteria. She was hospitalised for four days and reports state that she had to visit the hospital twice as an outpatient.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid