JAPAN: Court hearing bought by Snow Brand food-poisoning victim
A mediation hearing is due to begin in the Osaka Summary Court this month over the charges bought to Snow Brand Milk Products by a victim of the mass food poisoning that occurred during late June.The thirty-year-old woman is the first reported victim to bring a legal case to the troubled dairy produce company, and she is demanding compensation and the payment of medical costs totalling ¥400,000. So far, the company has offered an out-of-court settlement for compensation valued at only ¥100,000 and they also agreed to pay her medical costs.It was revealed yesterday (5 October) that the woman is alleged to have suffered from acute enteritis after having drunk contaminated milk that had been produced by the company. The milk contained the toxin Enterotoxin A, which can be produced by the staphylococcus aureus bacteria. She was hospitalised for four days and reports state that she had to visit the hospital twice as an outpatient.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review