NETHERLANDS: Courts to rule Wednesday on Laurus takeover
The Amsterdam commercial court will tomorrow (Wednesday) issue a ruling on the takeover of Dutch retailer Laurus by its French counterpart Casino. A group of shareholders spearheaded by Albada Jelgersma, who holds a 34% stake in Laurus, has filed a suit with the court asking it to block the company's plan to issue €400m (US$388m) of new shares in an attempt to re-establish financial viability. Casino would take a 38.6% stake in Laurus and underwrite half the issue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly