NETHERLANDS: Courts to rule Wednesday on Laurus takeover
The Amsterdam commercial court will tomorrow (Wednesday) issue a ruling on the takeover of Dutch retailer Laurus by its French counterpart Casino. A group of shareholders spearheaded by Albada Jelgersma, who holds a 34% stake in Laurus, has filed a suit with the court asking it to block the company's plan to issue €400m (US$388m) of new shares in an attempt to re-establish financial viability. Casino would take a 38.6% stake in Laurus and underwrite half the issue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs