SWEDEN: Cows suspected of harbouring BSE on Swedish farm
Two dairy cows on a Swedish farm may be harbouring BSE, sparking fears that the country will soon have to confirm its first case of the devastating disease. The government has issued a statement revealing that the farm at the centre of the possible outbreak has been sealed off and the cows involved have been slaughtered. Experts at the national veterinary institute are currently examining the animals' remains and are expected to officially announce their diagnosis within the next fortnight.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife