THAILAND: CP Foods posts Q1 loss
Thai food exporter Charoen Pokphand Foods has posted a first-quarter net loss due to lower chicken prices and exports caused by tough European safety rules, a result that surprised analysts. CP Foods reported a net loss of 826m baht (US$19.6m), compared with a 761m baht net profit in the year-ago period. Analysts had forecast a net profit of 150-180m baht.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning