UK: Cranberry juice proved to clear up urinary infections
It has long been known that drinking cranberry juice can help to clear up urinary infections. Yesterday however, scientists from Oulu University , in Finland, officially proved the beneficial effects of cranberry, revealing the conclusions of a yearlong study on the topic. Bacteria cause urinary infections in up to 60% of women at some point in their lives, and researchers in the paediatric department of the university have shown that the medicinal role of cranberry in clearing up the infection is down to the tannins in the juice.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast