UK: Cranberry juice proved to clear up urinary infections
It has long been known that drinking cranberry juice can help to clear up urinary infections. Yesterday however, scientists from Oulu University , in Finland, officially proved the beneficial effects of cranberry, revealing the conclusions of a yearlong study on the topic. Bacteria cause urinary infections in up to 60% of women at some point in their lives, and researchers in the paediatric department of the university have shown that the medicinal role of cranberry in clearing up the infection is down to the tannins in the juice.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife