UK: Cranberry juice proved to clear up urinary infections
It has long been known that drinking cranberry juice can help to clear up urinary infections. Yesterday however, scientists from Oulu University , in Finland, officially proved the beneficial effects of cranberry, revealing the conclusions of a yearlong study on the topic. Bacteria cause urinary infections in up to 60% of women at some point in their lives, and researchers in the paediatric department of the university have shown that the medicinal role of cranberry in clearing up the infection is down to the tannins in the juice.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units