UK: Cranberry juice proved to clear up urinary infections
It has long been known that drinking cranberry juice can help to clear up urinary infections. Yesterday however, scientists from Oulu University , in Finland, officially proved the beneficial effects of cranberry, revealing the conclusions of a yearlong study on the topic. Bacteria cause urinary infections in up to 60% of women at some point in their lives, and researchers in the paediatric department of the university have shown that the medicinal role of cranberry in clearing up the infection is down to the tannins in the juice.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK