UK: Cranswick eyes Asia expansion in overseas push
Cranswick, the UK pork processor, is looking to grow its export business, with plans to target markets in Asia with more premium products.
The bulk of Cranswick's GBP1bn annual turnover is made in the UK. In 2013/14, 5% of its sales came from export markets.
However, speaking to just-food, Cranswick CEO Adam Couch said the company's export growth had "been very strong over the last year", driven by sales in the Far East.
Much of Cranswick's export business consists of so-called "fifth-quarter materials" but Couch said the company is eyeing growing interest in the Far East for more premium products.
The company has opened an office in Shanghai to build its existing business in China and Hong Kong, as well as develop "new product areas", Couch told just-food.
Cranswick has also recently secured an export licence that will enable it to start taking products into Japan, a market it views as having significant potential for premium products.
Click here for the full interview with Cranswick CEO Adam Couch, available to subscribers only.
Synopsis Canadean's "Cranswick plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global meat market during October 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during January 2014. Summary Using thi...
Plimsoll’s Consumer Food Manufacturers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Consumer Food Manufacturers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections an...
"The Future of the Meat Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company ...
"The Future of the Meat Market in Italy to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research. Thi...
"The Future of the Meat Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research. Thi...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia