USA: Crawford appointed FDA deputy commissioner, welcomed by NFPA
Dr. Lester Crawford has been appointed deputy commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration by US president George W Bush, in a move that has been welcomed by food industry groups. National Food Processors Association (NFPA) president and CEO John R. Cady commented: "The NFPA applauds President Bush and Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson on the appointment of Dr. Lester Crawford as Deputy Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival