AUSTRALIA: Crayfish fishermen will 'wait and sea'
When INF Pty last week declared a bonus of A$1.20/kg for crayfish caught before 1 March, and A$1.60/kg for those caught after, it sparked an expensive round of wait and see for other processors in the Osborne Park area. Now a second company, WA Seafood Exporters Pty is surrounded by speculation that it offered its own fishermen a bonus of A$1.50/kg during the 1999/2000 season; its general manager, Bob Hopkins, declined to comment, however. Such bonuses amount to some fishy business in the southern zone, where there is now likely to be a knock-on effect. Companies which had hoped to avoid extra payments will be finding bonus payments taken off the bottom line essential to ensure a ready supply of fishermen. One of the largest processors in the state,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020