USA: Creator of energy bar category, PowerBar Inc., upholds labeling standards, continues to lead $520 million category
Last week's expose on television's "Extra: The Entertainment Magazine" revealed that several high profile health-oriented energy bar manufacturers are misleading consumers with false nutritional labeling."Extra" worked with food scientist Marvin Winston to test the actual amount of fat present in ten different energy bars compared to the amount reported in each bar's ingredient label.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target