UK: Crisp firm Burts Chips eyes production expansion
UK crisp firm Burts Chips has moved to double production capacity as it looks to widen its product portfolio and grow its business overseas.
Burts said it had spent over GBP2m on expaning its factory in Devon in south-west England.
It has added two fryers, which has increased capacity by 25%. The fryers, plus other investment in technology, would "open up opportunities to launch innovative products over the coming months", Burts said. The company said it was eyeing a move into "alternative snacks".
Burts has also recently appointed a new sales director, Simon Knight, as part of a strategy to drive global distribution over the next year.
More to follow
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale