UK: Crosby tipped as new Morrison chairman
Reports have suggested that James Crosby, currently CEO of British bank HBOS plc, is a favourite to succeed Sir Ken Morrison as chairman of UK retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc.
Sir Ken is due to retire as chairman and a director by the end of the next financial year in January 2008. Crosby will stand down as head of HBOS next month.
UK supermarket chain Wm Morrison disappointed shareholders at its AGM last week by failing to announce the appointment of a new CEO. However, after a protracted search accompanied by accusations of in...
The UK's largest retail group Tesco has reported a 12.5% rise in underlying first-half profits to GBP1.15bn (US$2.17bn) for the 26 weeks to 26 August, as the company reduced prices to win market share...
Struggling retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Morrisons) has delivered a strong set of results for its first-half ended 23 July, with pre-tax profits of GBP134.2m (US$254.5m) against a loss of GBP82.1...
The UK's fourth largest supermarket Morrisons has seen its share value rise by 4.98% in morning trade after positive sales figures suggested the company is recovering after its troublesome 2004 acquis...
A new report out today (19 July) has found that despite their healthy image many breakfast cereals contain high levels of fat, salt and sugar - with some containing as much fat and sugar as a bar of c...
A consortium of private equity firms, comprising of Texas Pacific, CVC and Permira, has been identified as possible bidders to takeover supermarket retailer Wm Morrison for GBP6bn (US$11.05bn)....
Rumours that a takeover bid for the UK's fourth largest retailer Morrisons is imminent may have driven up share prices yesterday (22 June), but market analysts have greeted them with scepticism and sh...
French fry firm McCain Foods has agreed to acquire vegetable goup Jon-Lin for an undisclosed amount....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements