NZ: Crunch halts Mataura Valley construction plans
New Zealand dairy company Mataura Valley Milk, has postponed plans to build a NZ$90m (US$59.4m) milk powder plant in Gore, according to local reports.
The decision was down to the global credit crisis, the company said, however the delay could result in Mataura missing the start of the 2009 milking season, reports have suggested.
It is understood the postponement could last around 12 months.
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China