USA: CSFB cuts Smithfield's EPS view for the Q4, FY
Banking giant Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) today [Friday] lowered its earnings estimates for pork processor Smithfield Foods, explaining that there are continued fundamental weakness in the meat market. Analyst David C. Nelson told Dow Jones that he is now expecting current fiscal Q4 earnings of 20 cents a diluted share, rather than 35 cents.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk