USA: CSFB cuts Smithfield's EPS view for the Q4, FY
Banking giant Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) today [Friday] lowered its earnings estimates for pork processor Smithfield Foods, explaining that there are continued fundamental weakness in the meat market. Analyst David C. Nelson told Dow Jones that he is now expecting current fiscal Q4 earnings of 20 cents a diluted share, rather than 35 cents.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"