CSM Bakery Solutions promotes Marianne Kirkegaard to CEO
Kirkegaard spent two decades at Unilever before joining CSM
CSM Bakery Solutions, the US baked goods supplier, has promoted chief commercial officer Marianne Kirkegaard to the position of president and CEO.
Kirkegaard, who was also CSM's senior vice president of markets, replaces Bob Sharpe, who joined the business in 2014 after five years as chief executive of Spain-based meats group Campofrio.
"We would ... like to thank Bob Sharpe for his leadership during CSM's formative phase," chairman James Singh said. "In building a strong leadership team and forging one global business culture out of three separate entities, Bob has provided the elements that constitute a solid foundation for growth. Marianne Kirkegaard is an extremely effective leader and builder of businesses. In her five years with CSM, she has played a key role in articulating our value proposition, creating our marketing, sales and business development capabilities, and building strong customer and industry relationships. She is the right person to lead CSM forward."
Kirkegaard joined CSM as senior vice president for products and marketing. She took on the role of chief commercial officer from April this year. Kirkegaard joined from Unilever, where she spent 20 years in commercial general management roles, including commercial director for the group's business in central Europe and managing director of its ice cream business in the region.
She is a member of the board of directors of food ingredients supplier AAK and of Danish food retailer Dansk Supermarked Group.
American Seafoods has appointed Tyson Foods director Mikel Durham to the post of CEO. ...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry