NETHERLANDS: CSM takeover of Unilever's bakery division finalised
In a statement released yesterday (28 September), the Dutch food group CSM announced that its takeover of Unilever's European Bakery Supplies Service (EBSB) was set to be finalised following approval from the European competition authorities and employee organisations.EBSB is a market leader in Europe, with 18 plants producing bakery ingredients and products in 10 countries, and grossing an annual turnover of about €860m. Its 3900 strong staff produces an operating result of €60m. In July, CSM agreed to pay €704m for the company, and the takeover will be effective as of 1 October.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti