NETHERLANDS: CSM takeover of Unilever's bakery division finalised
In a statement released yesterday (28 September), the Dutch food group CSM announced that its takeover of Unilever's European Bakery Supplies Service (EBSB) was set to be finalised following approval from the European competition authorities and employee organisations.EBSB is a market leader in Europe, with 18 plants producing bakery ingredients and products in 10 countries, and grossing an annual turnover of about €860m. Its 3900 strong staff produces an operating result of €60m. In July, CSM agreed to pay €704m for the company, and the takeover will be effective as of 1 October.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast