USA: Cuisine Solutions sees US$1.8m loss in Q3
Alexandria, Va-based Cuisine Solutions has announced a net loss of US$1.78m for its Q3 2002. The significant loss was due to the decline in US sales, said the company, which impacted distribution costs, and the ability to cover fixed production overhead costs due to the reduction in production. The company lowered costs by the reduction of personnel in Alexandria as well as to salary cuts but these cost reductions could not cover overhead cost due to the decreased sales volume during the Q3 2002. In addition to the decrease in sales demand, the company recorded an additional recognition of US$385,000 of losses in equity from the investment in Brazil as well as an amortisation of US$40,000 for web site development cost after the launch of the FIVELEAF brand in February 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016