FRANCE: Currency exchange weighs on Casino sales
Casino sales slide on FX
French retailer Casino has seen a drop in total first-quarter sales despite organic gains as currency translation weighed on the top line.
Revenue in the quarter fell 3.3% to EUR11.29bn as international sales fell 10.1%.
Excluding currency exchange, international sales gained 8.3% driven by "excellent" growth in Brazil, the French retailer revealed. On an organic basis, international sales were up 11%.
In France, total sales increased 8.3% to EUR4.67bn. However, organic sales were down 1.8%.
Click here to view the full release.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations