FRANCE: Currency exchange weighs on Casino sales
Casino sales slide on FX
French retailer Casino has seen a drop in total first-quarter sales despite organic gains as currency translation weighed on the top line.
Revenue in the quarter fell 3.3% to EUR11.29bn as international sales fell 10.1%.
Excluding currency exchange, international sales gained 8.3% driven by "excellent" growth in Brazil, the French retailer revealed. On an organic basis, international sales were up 11%.
In France, total sales increased 8.3% to EUR4.67bn. However, organic sales were down 1.8%.
Click here to view the full release.
This is a detailed report covering Groupe Casino’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Colombia....
This is a detailed report covering Groupe Casino’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Brazil....
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
The foodservice business represents a relatively small proportion of the group’s portfolio of activities and total revenue. While there is no clear strategic focus from the group concerning the foodse...
Agricultural Products in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus