FRANCE: Current Discussions Between DANONE Group and Yakult Honsha Co, Ltd Come to an End
As announced on April 13th, Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd (Japan) and DANONE Group (NYSE: DA - news; France) and their respective Chairman have explored the possibility of entering into an alliance in the area of probiotics.Collaboration opportunities such as exchange of R&D, cooperation in sourcing and distribution as well as cross shareholdings have been discussed in details. Both companies have however mutually agreed to terminate current discussions, as a result of disagreements regarding the possible scope of the alliance.Both companies will continue executing their own strategy with the objective of further contributing to the promotion of health and well being of people around the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival