FRANCE: Current Discussions Between DANONE Group and Yakult Honsha Co, Ltd Come to an End
As announced on April 13th, Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd (Japan) and DANONE Group (NYSE: DA - news; France) and their respective Chairman have explored the possibility of entering into an alliance in the area of probiotics.Collaboration opportunities such as exchange of R&D, cooperation in sourcing and distribution as well as cross shareholdings have been discussed in details. Both companies have however mutually agreed to terminate current discussions, as a result of disagreements regarding the possible scope of the alliance.Both companies will continue executing their own strategy with the objective of further contributing to the promotion of health and well being of people around the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund