CHINA: Customs block Hershey milk due to banned additives
Chinese customs block Hershey milk entry
A number of Hershey's flavoured milk products have been blocked for import into China after it was found they contained banned artificial sweeteners and colouring agents.
Speaking to just-food today, a spokesperson for Hershey explained the milk beverages, seized by Guangdong Customs, were manufactured by an authorised US licensee.
The Hershey's Strawberry Milk beverage and Hershey's White Chocolate Milk beverage contained a food colouring, Red 40, and a sweetener, Stevia, permitted in other foods and beverages in China but not in dairy products.
"All shipments of Hershey-branded products from the United States to China from this licensee have been suspended," the spokesperson confirmed.
"We respect China's food safety laws and work hard to abide by all food regulations. We will continue to work to ensure that third parties import only Hershey-branded products into China that meet China’s standards and regulations," he added.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Canadean's "The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Hershey is poised for ongoing growth with a raft of new products about to be or recently launched. It is also becoming increasingly aggressive at targeting international markets to overcome what has l...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits