CHINA: Customs block Hershey milk due to banned additives
Chinese customs block Hershey milk entry
A number of Hershey's flavoured milk products have been blocked for import into China after it was found they contained banned artificial sweeteners and colouring agents.
Speaking to just-food today, a spokesperson for Hershey explained the milk beverages, seized by Guangdong Customs, were manufactured by an authorised US licensee.
The Hershey's Strawberry Milk beverage and Hershey's White Chocolate Milk beverage contained a food colouring, Red 40, and a sweetener, Stevia, permitted in other foods and beverages in China but not in dairy products.
"All shipments of Hershey-branded products from the United States to China from this licensee have been suspended," the spokesperson confirmed.
"We respect China's food safety laws and work hard to abide by all food regulations. We will continue to work to ensure that third parties import only Hershey-branded products into China that meet China’s standards and regulations," he added.
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
"The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" report, published by Canadean provides a succinct overview of the company and its operations, detailing the...
Hershey will benefit from strong value growth in the United States, which is the company’s central focus. Whilst a justified criticism would be that there is too much reliance on the US, there have be...
The company is looking to continue its strategy of “predictable, profitable and sustainable North American business”. In order to reach this goal, Hershey is investing more heavily in advertising and ...
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Brownes Dairy owner Archer Capital "eyes sale"
- Lindt adds Hello Bites to US portfolio