CHINA: Customs block Hershey milk due to banned additives
Chinese customs block Hershey milk entry
A number of Hershey's flavoured milk products have been blocked for import into China after it was found they contained banned artificial sweeteners and colouring agents.
Speaking to just-food today, a spokesperson for Hershey explained the milk beverages, seized by Guangdong Customs, were manufactured by an authorised US licensee.
The Hershey's Strawberry Milk beverage and Hershey's White Chocolate Milk beverage contained a food colouring, Red 40, and a sweetener, Stevia, permitted in other foods and beverages in China but not in dairy products.
"All shipments of Hershey-branded products from the United States to China from this licensee have been suspended," the spokesperson confirmed.
"We respect China's food safety laws and work hard to abide by all food regulations. We will continue to work to ensure that third parties import only Hershey-branded products into China that meet China’s standards and regulations," he added.
"The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" report, published by Canadean provides a succinct overview of the company and its operations, detailing the...
Dark chocolate is made from cocoa butter, sugar, and cocoa powder, with very little or no milk. Dark chocolates are considered very beneficial for health....
Chocolate is made from cocoa liquor, cocoa butter, sugar, and lecithin. It is consumed between meals and as a dessert or during any part of the day....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition