CHINA: Customs officials respond to UK news that smuggled South Asia meat to blame for FMD
The chances of foot-and-mouth (FMD) contaminated meat being smuggled out of Hong Kong is "very low," insisted Bess Chow, an information officer for China's custom and excise department. It could not however be ruled out, she admitted, responding to news that British Agriculture minister Nick Brown was blaming the country's FMD devastation on illegal meat smuggled from South Asia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'