PHILIPPINES: DA focus on implementing fisheries act and boosting economy of Mindanao
The Philippines Department of Agriculture (DA) has revealed that it will speed up the implementation of the Agricultural Fisheries Modernization Act (AFMA) and focus on the island of Mindanao in a bid to secure its role as the food basket of the country. Agriculture Secretary Leonardo Montemayor commented that the DA is anxious to focus on the expansion of the country's fisheries, as well as the research and development (R&D) of the industry and the creation of strategic agriculture and fisheries development zones (SAFDZ).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti