JAPAN: Daiei posts decline in June same-store sales
Japanese supermarket operator Daiei said its sales in June were down 2% from the year-ago period, on a same-store basis.
The fall marked the tenth consecutive month that Daiei has seen its same-store sales drop, reported Jiji Press.
Sales of clothing fell 4%, while sales of foodstuffs slid 1%. Sales of furniture and interior goods were down 5%.
Daiei said bad weather led to weaker sales of summer goods in the first half of the month, and rising temperatures in the second half of June did not make up for the earlier poor performance.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery