JAPAN: Daiei - share price bouncing like a yo-yo - COMMENT (Members)
Daiei was forced to call a news conference to reassure investors after its share price fell 30%. Investors were scared by Daiei's profit warning on Friday, an effect that was further compounded when Moody's downgraded its debt rating. Daiei insisted that the downgrade was inappropriate and relationships with its creditor banks were still solid. While the banks seem to have assured Daiei's survival for now, the supermarket still has a lot to prove.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods