JAPAN: Daiei - share price bouncing like a yo-yo - COMMENT (Members)
Daiei was forced to call a news conference to reassure investors after its share price fell 30%. Investors were scared by Daiei's profit warning on Friday, an effect that was further compounded when Moody's downgraded its debt rating. Daiei insisted that the downgrade was inappropriate and relationships with its creditor banks were still solid. While the banks seem to have assured Daiei's survival for now, the supermarket still has a lot to prove.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast