JAPAN: Daiei - share price bouncing like a yo-yo - COMMENT (Members)
Daiei was forced to call a news conference to reassure investors after its share price fell 30%. Investors were scared by Daiei's profit warning on Friday, an effect that was further compounded when Moody's downgraded its debt rating. Daiei insisted that the downgrade was inappropriate and relationships with its creditor banks were still solid. While the banks seem to have assured Daiei's survival for now, the supermarket still has a lot to prove.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins