JAPAN: Daiei shareholders pick new board
Shareholders of troubled supermarket chain Daiei approved the appointment of 17 new board members at an extraordinary meeting on Tuesday (30 January). Daiei group founder Isao Nakauchi was removed from the board, ending over 40 years of direct leadership by the Nakauchi family. The new board includes the new president, Kunio Takagi, a former executive director of Recruit Co. Jiro Amagai, a former bureaucrat of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, was elected chairman; Takashi Hirayama, a former director at Niko Niko Do Co., was elected vice president.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK