JAPAN: Daiei shareholders pick new board
Shareholders of troubled supermarket chain Daiei approved the appointment of 17 new board members at an extraordinary meeting on Tuesday (30 January). Daiei group founder Isao Nakauchi was removed from the board, ending over 40 years of direct leadership by the Nakauchi family. The new board includes the new president, Kunio Takagi, a former executive director of Recruit Co. Jiro Amagai, a former bureaucrat of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, was elected chairman; Takashi Hirayama, a former director at Niko Niko Do Co., was elected vice president.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review