JAPAN: Daiei shareholders pick new board
Shareholders of troubled supermarket chain Daiei approved the appointment of 17 new board members at an extraordinary meeting on Tuesday (30 January). Daiei group founder Isao Nakauchi was removed from the board, ending over 40 years of direct leadership by the Nakauchi family. The new board includes the new president, Kunio Takagi, a former executive director of Recruit Co. Jiro Amagai, a former bureaucrat of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, was elected chairman; Takashi Hirayama, a former director at Niko Niko Do Co., was elected vice president.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project