JAPAN: Daiei takeover rumours denied
Marubeni Corporation, the majority shareholder in Japanese retail chain Daiei, has issued a statement denying reports that it has approached either Wal-Mart or Aeon for help to revive the struggling retail chain. Meanwhile, Daiei has separately denied that it is in talks with third parties regarding a capital tie-up or the potential sale of Marubeni's stake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch