JAPAN: Daiei to renovate 64 smaller stores
Japanese retailer Daiei plans to renovate 64 of its smaller-scale stores in order to boost sales by offering a wider range of products, including clothing. Daiei plans to have the renovation completed by the end of February 2005. Of the 64 stores, Daiei plans to convert 11 into food supermarkets, while the remainder will continue to operate as comprehensive supermarkets. Daiei plans to focus on the needs of local consumers in order to attract customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods