JAPAN: Daiei to renovate 64 smaller stores
Japanese retailer Daiei plans to renovate 64 of its smaller-scale stores in order to boost sales by offering a wider range of products, including clothing. Daiei plans to have the renovation completed by the end of February 2005. Of the 64 stores, Daiei plans to convert 11 into food supermarkets, while the remainder will continue to operate as comprehensive supermarkets. Daiei plans to focus on the needs of local consumers in order to attract customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival