UK: Dairy Crest adds to Clover portfolio
New Clover Lighter
Dairy Crest has expanded its Clover portfolio in the UK with the addition of a ‘lighter’ variant.
Clover Lighter 1kg launched last week and makes up part of a GBP5m (US$7.6m) support for the brand this year, which includes TV and press activity as well as direct mail support.
Nathan King, Dairy Crest’s head of marketing for butters and spreads, said: “We are really excited to offer our consumers Clover Lighter 1kg as part of the next stage in driving Clover’s growth. We really want to realise Clover’s full potential and drive category growth with the launch of Clover Lighter 1kg.”
The launch, Dairy Crest said, aims to encourage current Clover Lighter buyers to trade up to a bigger tub, increasing their weight of purchase and also to attract larger households to help grow the brand.
M&A grabbed the spotlight again this week, with Grupo Bimbo acquiring Sara Lee's bakery business in the US and Emmi buying the Onken yoghurt brand from Dr Oetker. Elsewhere, questions were raised abou...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements