UK: Dairy Crest adds to Clover portfolio
New Clover Lighter
Dairy Crest has expanded its Clover portfolio in the UK with the addition of a ‘lighter’ variant.
Clover Lighter 1kg launched last week and makes up part of a GBP5m (US$7.6m) support for the brand this year, which includes TV and press activity as well as direct mail support.
Nathan King, Dairy Crest’s head of marketing for butters and spreads, said: “We are really excited to offer our consumers Clover Lighter 1kg as part of the next stage in driving Clover’s growth. We really want to realise Clover’s full potential and drive category growth with the launch of Clover Lighter 1kg.”
The launch, Dairy Crest said, aims to encourage current Clover Lighter buyers to trade up to a bigger tub, increasing their weight of purchase and also to attract larger households to help grow the brand.
M&A grabbed the spotlight again this week, with Grupo Bimbo acquiring Sara Lee's bakery business in the US and Emmi buying the Onken yoghurt brand from Dr Oetker. Elsewhere, questions were raised abou...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods