UK: Dairy Crest swoops to buy St. Ivel from Uniq
UK chilled dairy food group Dairy Crest has offered £86.5m (US$135.2m) to acquire the St. Ivel spreads business from chilled convenience food group Uniq [formerly Unigate]. The brands up for grab include Utterly Butterly, St. Ivel Gold and Vitalite. The deal also includes the UK licence for Italy's Carapelli brand of olive oil spreads, as well as a manufacturing facility in Liverpool.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action