UK: Dairy Crest swoops to buy St. Ivel from Uniq
UK chilled dairy food group Dairy Crest has offered £86.5m (US$135.2m) to acquire the St. Ivel spreads business from chilled convenience food group Uniq [formerly Unigate]. The brands up for grab include Utterly Butterly, St. Ivel Gold and Vitalite. The deal also includes the UK licence for Italy's Carapelli brand of olive oil spreads, as well as a manufacturing facility in Liverpool.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega