UK: Dairy Crest to up milk price for farmers
Dairy Crest is to increase the price it pays to its farmers for milk by 1ppl
UK dairy processor Dairy Crest is the latest firm to announce an increase to its farmgate milk price.
The company said it is to increase the price it pays to its farmers for milk by 1ppl from 1 January. Those on Dairy Crest's Davidstow contract will receive an increase of 1.25ppl, the firm said. Both are paid 29ppl currently.
Group milk procurement director Mike Sheldon said: "By increasing our milk price again we are doing what we said we'd do, within the constraints of a difficult marketplace. Looking forward we hope to be able to pay farmers even more, but this increase and any future increases are dependent on our customers playing their full part. We believe that they share our determination to do the right thing by our farmers and by British agriculture."
Dairy Crest's rise follows a decision by Müller Wiseman to increase the price it pays UK farmers for their milk this month, in addition to Arla Foods.
Danone is to make another attempt to tap into the booming demand for fresh dairy products in China. The French food group is teaming up with Chinese dairy giant Mengniu, the largest yoghurt producer i...
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants...
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
Arla Foods has insisted there is "no conflict" between its venture with Mengniu and the Chinese dairy's planned new partnership with Danone....
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019