UK: Dairy Crest ups farmgate milk price
Dairy Crest has increased its farmgate milk price
UK dairy group Dairy Crest has announced an increase to its farmgate milk price.
The firm said today (15 May) it has changed the formula contract milk price for June. Producers will receive an extra 0.738p/litre from June, bringing the standard litre price to 30.7p/litre.
Dairy Crest said the increase reflects higher bulk cream values from March to April.
"The increase is the net change of each of the five indices within the model. The biggest impact within the month is the increase in bulk cream prices, with April GBP250/t (US$380/t) higher than March.
With trade liberalisation expected to flow from Russia's recent move to join the World Trade Organisation, international food companies are increasingly attempting to capitalise on the potential offer...
Once again, the dairy and infant formula sectors in Asia-Pacific grabbed the headlines last week. Danone was at the centre of yet more bribery allegations in China. Fonterra - which has had its own sc...
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes