WTO: Dairy exporting nations join fight against Chile dairy duties
Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Uruguay have participated in formals talks with Chile requested at the World Trade Organisation by Argentina, which has complained about provisional safeguard duties of 16% that it has imposed on imports of powdered milk and liquid UHT milk. Initial consultations - which are the first stage of a WTO disputes procedure - were held yesterday (21 November). Argentina claims that Chile has broken the Agreement on Safeguards, a statement contested by Santiago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO