ASIA: Dairy Farm earnings rise on sales growth
Dairy Farm's operations include running 7-Eleven on a franchise basis in parts of China
Pan-Asian retailer Dairy Farm International Holdings has booked an increase in 2013 earnings, which were boosted by sales gains during the year.
The London-listed company revealed that operating profit rose to US$551.3m in the 12 months to end-December, compared to $479.9m in the prior year.
Post-tax profit increased to $512.9m, compared to $449.6m, the group added. Lower financial charges and higher income from joint ventures lifted the bottom line.
Earnings were propelled by higher sales. 2013 revenue increased to $10.36bn, up from $9.8bn in 2012.
Click here to view the full company announcement.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis